Who Are We?
The Seattle International Foundation (SIF) supports worldwide poverty alleviation efforts through grant-making and other activities, with a strategic focus on Central America. Since 2008, SIF has granted more than $17 million to 188 high impact organizations in 68 countries, including $10 million in grants to Central America. SIF is a supporting organization to the Seattle Foundation.
SIF's core approach includes developing individuals' leadership skills, strengthening the capacity of organizations working in key development areas, and building networks of agents of change with the ability to transform economies, communities and societies. SIF also recognizes partnerships and local county leadership as critical elements to successful development efforts.
What’s the Opportunity?
Seattle International Foundation is seeking a consultant Network Coordinator through Centroamérica Adelante in Miami, FL, Guatemala City, or Tegucigalpa. The CAA Network Coordinator will serve as a program manager for members of the Centroamérica Adelante network (active fellows and alumni), providing leadership, administrative, and operational support to encourage engagement, development, and communication among and between the CAA members and their country groups. The Network Coordinator will work to connect and provide continued development opportunities for alumni, facilitate regional collaboration between country cohorts, engage in planning, and work to create the infrastructure and marshal the resources needed to sustain the CAA network into the future. The coordinator will also serve as an intermediary, acting as liaison between SIF, the Centroamérica Adelante network, and the Institute of International Education (IIE). IIE receives grant support from SIF to implement Centroamérica Adelante. The coordinator will report directly to the CEO of Seattle International Foundation, and work closely with IIE staff and Adelante Fellows in Central America.
- Create vehicles and opportunities for the network to convene, communicate, and share information.
- Pursue opportunities that strengthen social ties and foster collaboration within the network.
- Facilitate the cultivation of trust and collaboration within the network.
- Facilitate peer learning and professional development within the network.
- Encourage active engagement among alumni.
- Support the integration of incoming fellows into the network of existing alumni.
- Support alumni to develop a shared assessment of the social issues and opportunities in the country and the region.
- Support alumni in the creation of new alliances, initiatives and projects.
- Organize meetings and events for alumni throughout the year.
- Support the formation of network committees and interest groups to work on specific leadership and social change issues.
- Foster relationships with cohort allies and social change stakeholders to help leverage CAA cohort and local resources.
- Coordinate network resources to support the cohort’s collective impact.
- Help connect alumni to leadership/job/professional development opportunities.
- Integrate Centroamerica Adelante graduates into the fabric of the alumni network.
- Assess, document, and report on network progress, including challenges and successes of the country cohorts, individual alumni, committees, and the regional network as a whole.
- Promote and represent the CAA program and network through engagement with diverse media and potential champions of CAA.
- Develop long-term sustainability plan for the CAA network
- 4-7 years of experience working on social change issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years’ experience in project and/or network management.
- Must have excellent organizational and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and/or leadership development.
- Experience with Program Monitoring and Evaluation preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using technology to foster communication, remote collaboration, distance learning, file and resource sharing, and/or content publishing.
- Native-level Spanish required, fluency in English highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and work experience in Central America highly desirable.
How Do I Apply?
Submit a resume and cover letter in English to email@example.com
. Applications considered on a rolling basis. Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line of your email (i.e. “Your Name – Network Coordinator”).
Print Or Download